This is a place for FileKutz Creative Member's To Show off their project using FileKutz By LisaJane Design's. So welcome and take a look and these B.E.A..Utiful Projects and become inspired!!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

FileKutz Monthly Sketch Challenge

Welcome to FileKutz Design's we are holding our 1st ever Monthly Sketch Challenge.   I am offering this freebie file of a Swirl Background DOWNLOAD IT HERE  Password is: iagreetouswirl and the only rule is you must use it, or part of it on your card, layout or project.

The File comes in WPC, GSD, SVG, AI, KNK, MTC AND SCAL2.  If you'd like a PNG format for digital email me (I just don't add them to the zip files as they make the zip so large)


To play along, just post your sketch project to your blog or gallery, then include a link in the InLinkZ  form at the bottom of this post so we can all easily find each other.  The winner will be choose on May 9th, so you have just a little over two weeks to work on your idea!!   Don't have a Blog? No worries, just email me your photo and description of what you did and used and I will post it on my blog for you and link it here.

The winner will win 5 free files of there choice from ANY of Filekutz Design's. You can see all of my design's between these two places HERE  and HERE .  

Also Sharon S. a DT member here at FileKutz is having a giveaway of her own for FileKutz, Read about it HERE

To qualify for the prize drawing, have your layout, card or  project linked here by noon EST on Monday, May 9th.   To have a chance of winning this awesome prize, here's this weeks sketch for you to be inspired by in your entries... 



Here is a picture of the Cut File offered for this challenge:


How about some samples to jump-start your creativity! Here's what our fabulous Design Team have made so far this week!






We hope you enjoy the sketch and have time to join in the fun with us!  Please remember to leave a direct link to your NEW creation's post with InLinkz below, not just your blog and include a link back to FileKutz Sketch Challenge in your post to be eligible to win this weeks fantastic prize. Thank you :)












I do have some tips for cutting files like this, with lots of small parts..

1. Make sure your blade is sharp or new.. I use a seperate blade for cutting like this that I swap out when I am done cuttin detailed cuts. 

2. Turn your paper upside down and do a double cut, it gives smaller cut a much better cut and if you have a white core paper you won't see the white core cutting upside down.  (Just make sure you flip your design, if needed)

3. If you have adjustable rollers on your machine move them to be on top of the paper, to hold in place better when doing a double cut. 

4. Ungroup or Unweld the whole file (if it is large and has small parts inside) and cut the inside pieces before you cut the outside stroke/line.  This will save you from cutting up your small parts and getting broking pieces on your finished background and small pieced files. 

5. If your 1st cut don't come out well, inlarge the or outline the outside stroke just a little, then delete/remove the original outside stroke,  then cut small pieces 1st, then cut the new outline you made. 

6. Some machine's are just not cut out for cutting small pieces.. if this is the case with your machine and you can't cut a file of mine because of small pieces, email me and tell me about it, your issue and the machine/program you use, and I will see if I can redesign with a little larger pieces (I can usually do this in most cases).. as I have a few times before for a customer who uses a Silhoutte machine and has to cut smaller due to the max cutting of 11x8".

7 comments:

  1. I cant wait to see what everyone comes up with

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon sent me over to check out your files and this challenge. I hope I can play along because I am brand new at this having never downloaded a file before. Even if I don't get to try the challenge (sorry, I have a very, very sick little dog), I thank you so much for the push to try downloading. I love your designs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy!! Glad to have you checking us out! Also if you are new to downloading, I can email you the Freebie file, just send me an email to filekutzbylisajane@mediacombb.net :) Glad to have you here and hope you can find some great inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Everyone.. the Swirl background link was doubled so it was not working correctly.. it is working now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, what an awesome file and challenge! I'll have mine done before the deadline and thank you SO very much for putting this on LisaJane! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sue!! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marla H. Congrat's you are the winner!! Please contact me for your free files!!

    ReplyDelete