This is a place for FileKutz Creative Member's To Show off their project using FileKutz By LisaJane Design's. So welcome and take a look and these B.E.A..Utiful Projects and become inspired!!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Look Out Below

I've been working feverishly to finish up my Bald Eagle scrapbook by the time we leave here in two weeks. It's been great fun, but I will be glad to get back to some different types of layouts and be able to start on our trip through Alaska last summer.  The Bald Eagle scrapbook will contain 28 layouts.

LOOK OUT BELOW - October 31, 2010 - Haines, Alaska JOURNALING:  Bald Eagles battle for a salmon meal in the last run of the season.PHOTOS:  Bald Eagle images by Shetzers Photography SUPPLIES USED:  K&Company Julianne patterned paper and mats, Kraft cardstock, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress ink (Antique Linen, Weathered Wood), Judikins Treasure Cube and Textiles Cube stamp, DCWV Neutrals cardstock, Bazzill Basics Just the Edge, Stampin Up Notes and Details and Dot Dot Dot stamps, Eagle cut file by FileKutz by LisaJane, Smooch pearlized ink, Sketch by PageMaps 2 (page 104), Font: Evie's handTECHNIQUE TIP:  I used four different borders by Bazzill on this page.  Two of them started out being off white so I used my stamps and inks to colorize them and add more texture to the layout.  Another one started out to be off white and I decided that a pale blue would give a bit more seperation to the zig zag border so I sponged some of the Tim Holtz weathered wood ink onto it to recolor it.  The bluish textured flowers also started off in plain off white and with my stamps, I blended them in with the theme of the layout.


LOOK OUT BELOW - October 31, 2010 - Haines, Alaska

JOURNALS: Bald Eagles battle for a salmon meal in the last run of the season.

PHOTOS: Bald Eagle images by Shetzers Photography

SUPPLIES USED: K&Company Julianne patterned paper and mats, Kraft cardstock, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress ink (Antique Linen, Weathered Wood), Judikins Treasure Cube and Textiles Cube stamp, DCWV Neutrals cardstock, Bazzill Basics Just the Edge, Stampin Up Notes and Details and Dot Dot Dot stamps, Eagle cut file by FileKutz by LisaJane, Smooch pearlized ink, Sketch by PageMaps 2 (page 104), Font: Evie's hand

TECHNIQUE TIP: I used four different borders by Bazzill on this page. Two of them started out being off white so I used my stamps and inks to colorize them and add more texture to the layout. Another one started out to be off white and I decided that a pale blue would give a bit more separation to the zig zag border so I sponged some of the Tim Holtz weathered wood ink onto it to recolor it. The bluish textured flowers also started off in plain off white and with my stamps, I blended them in with the theme of the layout.

Here is a closeup of the wonderful cut file from LisaJane at FileKutz.  What a great way to finish off this layout.

To purchase this wonderful file, please click on the photo above to be taken to the website..

2 comments:

  1. lovely layout...I just love those blues and browns togther....and love how you used the file!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, just beautiful.. I really enjoy looking at your photo's.. make's me feel I was there!

    ReplyDelete